Friday, February 25, 2011

Steps to spend your money wisely

Step #1: Take a visual inventory of the stuff already in your home.

Have you ever helped someone move? If you have you know that a question people often ask while moving is, “How did we get so much stuff (junk)?” Every item in your home has been purchased with money you labored for. As you walk around the house look at your items and ask:

* Does this item give me satisfaction?
* Did it end up being as useful as I wished?
* If I had to buy it again would I?
* Do I have more things than I know what to do with?

If you answered negatively more often than not, it is likely that you are having trouble directing your spending towards things you truly care about. Perhaps you are purchasing impulsively. Nevertheless, your spending is such that it brings more frustration than satisfaction.

“But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.” (Matthew 6:20 NIV)

By Craig Ford

No comments:

Build A Semi-Passive Income on the Internet that You and Your Family Can Enjoy

Popular Posts